Duration of contract:
1 year (extension to be based on performance and availability of funds)
Frequent travel throughout Ha Noi; infrequent travel for knowledge sharing and training within Viet Nam
Full time position (%FTE):
Friends for International Tuberculosis Relief (FIT) is a registered non-profit organization working in the field of tuberculosis (TB) prevention and care service delivery, technical assistance, advocacy and research.
In collaboration with the National TB Control Program (NTP) and other local and international partners, we are building a comprehensive Search-Treat-Prevent TB program across five cities in Viet Nam (Ho Chi Minh City, Ha Noi, Hai Phong, Hoi An and Can Tho). In the short term, we are aiming to 1) increase TB detection and treatment in key populations, such as household contacts, children and people visiting private healthcare providers; 2) provide social support and adherence monitoring options to improve TB treatment outcomes; and 3) scale up TB infection screening and treatment services. As part of this program, we are intensively engaging private providers who are providing TB services in Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City and Hai Phong. TB care in the private sector often happens with little formal documentation; we are working to improve transparency and the quality of care for TB treatment in the private sector. This position would manage operations in at least four districts within Ha Noi/HCMC.
Our organization is growing quickly and we are searching for two highly qualified, independent, experienced and motivated PPM team lead. For additional information please refer to our website: www.tbhelp.org
- Manage and maintain relationships with private sector healthcare providers, and persuade them to cooperate with the project;
- Build a diverse portfolio of actively referring and/or notifying private providers, including: physicians, pharmacists, private-sector hospitals, occupational health screening companies, and X-ray facilities;
- Continuously improve engagement strategies;
- Trouble-shoot and resolve any problems with private providers;
- Ensure up-to-date and complete reporting of field activities through a customized customer relationship management (CRM) software;
- Supervise the distribution of monetary and non-monetary incentives for the private providers.
Management of staff:
- Directly supervise the work output of 3-4 PPM Officers;
- Set a positive working environment and work to maintain the morale of the team;
- Supervise recruitment and the maintenance of relationships with private sector partners by the PPM Officers;
- Mentor PPM Officers in relationship management;
- Monitor entries in the CRM software from the PPM Officers and provide regular feedback on work outputs and work optimization.
Supervision of field activities:
- Oversee TB screening activities in the private sector whether at the offices of a physicians, a pharmacy, a private sector hospital, an occupational health screening company or an X-ray facility;
- Maximize referrals of persons with suspected TB for testing;
- Ensure referrals of suspected TB cases receive appropriate diagnostic testing;
- Supervise the collection of diagnostic testing data from public facilities;
- Coordinate registration of TB patients found in the private sector;
- Supervise patient enrolment through the project;
- Increase notifications of TB cases treated in the private sector;
- Conduct operational research and facilitate engagement and referrals using a social network targeting private sector pharmacists.
Monitoring and evaluation & reporting:
- Monitor error rates and check data quality at laboratories;
- Verify referral and notification data collected in the community;
- Collaborate with the M&E team to solve data problems and ensure the complete capture of project data;
- Provide feedback on the new PPM modules of the Access to Care Information System (ACIS);
- Coordinate (re)trainings of PPM Officers on the use of electronic data collection tools;
- Provide capacity building to PPM Officers on data collection best practices;
- Prepare weekly PowerPoint presentations about progress to target achievement in Ha Noi;
- Draft quarterly narrative reports on activities for donors.
- Assist with procurement of supplies for the project;
- Assist in all aspects of the implementation of the interventions of the grant;
- Other activities requested by FIT Directors.
- At least three years of experience with engaging the private health sector
- Excellent working knowledge of written and spoken English
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills, including familiarity and comfort with using Microsoft Word,
- PowerPoint, Excel, and computer-based communications
- Leadership skills, good attitude, self-motivated, and ability to work well individually as well as in teams
- Highly motivated, willing to learn, service-oriented and able to work under high pressure and within a limited time frame
- Willing to engage with private providers at their convenience, which may be outside of normal working hours
- Master’s/Bacholer’s degree in relevant discipline such as pharmacy, public health, social development, science or related fields.
- Experience working in public health programs
- Marketing and sales experience preferred
Applications should include:
- A cover letter written in English
- An up-to-date, detailed Curriculum Vitae
- At least two employment references (Name, Phone Number, and Email Address)
How to submit an application:
By e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: ‘Application to PPM Team Lead in HN ‘
No later than 20 March 2020
Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
Full benefits will be included in the compensation package.
All applications will be carefully considered, but only short-listed applicants will be interviewed.
If you do not hear from us within 21 days of the closing date, this means your application was unsuccessful.
FIT is an equal opportunity employer.