Duration of contract:
Duration of contract: 1 year, with possibility of renewal
Full time position (%FTE):
Full time position: 100% FTE
Ho Chi Minh City
Friends for International Tuberculosis Relief (FIT) is a registered non-profit organization working in the field of tuberculosis (TB) prevention and care service delivery, technical assistance, advocacy and research.
In collaboration with the National TB Control Program (NTP) and other local and international partners, we are building a comprehensive Search-Treat-Prevent TB program across five cities in Viet Nam (Ho Chi Minh City, Ha Noi, Hai Phong, Hoi An and Can Tho). In the short term, we are aiming to 1) increase TB detection and treatment in key populations, such as household contacts, children and people visiting private healthcare providers; 2) provide social support and adherence monitoring options to improve TB treatment outcomes; and 3) scale up TB infection screening and treatment services. As part of this program, we are intensively engaging private providers who are providing TB services in Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City and Hai Phong. TB care in the private sector often happens with little formal documentation; we are working to improve transparency and the quality of care for TB treatment in the private sector. This position would manage operations in at least four districts within Ha Noi/HCMC.
Our organization is growing quickly and we are searching for two highly qualified, independent, experienced and motivated PPM team lead. For additional information please refer to our website: www.tbhelp.org
- Prepare an institutional review board (IRB) application to assess patient costs, quality of life, stigma and gender via surveys;
- Draft protocols for surveys to meet donor requirements;
- Develop SOPs for conducting surveys;
- Draft research workplans;
- Prepare PowerPoint presentations outlining the research objectives, protocol and implementation plan for the quantitative surveys to be used internally or for external partners.
- Review data forms in ONA to ensure that all data are captured completely;
- Make edits to codebooks so data are captured completely.
- Maintain strict standards of patient confidentiality and access to patient-identifiable information;
- Conduct trainings for FIT staff in survey method and project SOPs, particularly for staff working outside Ho Chi Minh City;
- Coordinate surveys across Ho Chi Minh City, Hai Phong and Ha Noi, ensuring that the organization is meeting targets for donors;
- Track eligibility for survey participation using lists from FIT’s M&E team;
- Monitor staff to ensuring they are following best practices for airborne infection control while conducting interviews;
- Directly recruit and enroll survey participants ensuring proper sampling in HCMC;
- Contact TB patients and arrange times and locations to meet for interviews;
- Conduct surveys according to the protocols approved in the survey protocol and IRB approval;
- Enter survey responses into an electronic database;
- Ensure high levels of data quality and completeness;
- Clean survey data if errors are found;
- Conduct data quality monitoring for surveys collected outside of Ho Chi Minh City;
- Prepare summaries of data errors from data collected in other cities;
- Mentor other research staff on completing data collection.
- Lead qualitative interviews within the organization;
- Develop and/or provide feedback on topic guides;
- Prepare trainings for staff on how to conduct qualitative research;
- Prepare SOPs related to qualitative research studies;
- Recruit participants and conduct interviews;
- Coordinate transcription and translation of qualitative interviews;
- Assist with coding and analyzing qualitative data.
- Attend weekly meetings for projects that are conducting surveys/interviews and provide an update on study recruitment in each of the cities of operation;
- Manage cash reimbursements for survey participants;
- Participate in operational research activities related to TB case detection;
- Track progress to targets;
- Produce regular and timely updates on study progress;
- Write reports and create PowerPoint presentations detailing status of the projects;
- Assist in meeting reporting deadlines for the donors;
- Other administrative tasks as needed.
- BS / BA in Public Health, Economics, Social Development, Medicine, Pharmacy, or related field AND 2-5 years research experience
MS/MA/MPH in Public Health, Economics, Social Development, Medicine, Pharmacy, or related field AND at least 2 years prior experience conducting research surveys;
- Fluent in Vietnamese
- Excellent working knowledge of written and spoken English;
- Strong computer skills, including familiarity and comfort with using Microsoft Word,
- PowerPoint, Excel, and computer-based communications;
- Attention to detail;
- Good attitude, self-motivated, and ability to work well individually as well as in teams;
- Highly motivated, willing to learn, service-oriented and able to work under high pressure and
- within a limited time frame.
- Experience in the healthcare sector;
- Knowledge of and implementation experience with qualitative data collection and analysis.
Applications should include:
- A cover letter
- A detailed Curriculum Vitae
- Photocopy of related certification
- Two employment references (Name, Phone Number, Email Address)
How to submit an application:
Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
Full benefits will be included in the compensation package.
All applications will be carefully considered, but only short-listed applicants will be interviewed.
If you do not hear from us within 21 days of the closing date, this means your application was unsuccessful.
FIT is an equal opportunity employer.